The Barix Instreamer and Exstreamer 100 are versatile network audio over IP transmitter and receiver units which can be used in a variety of applications. They enable users to create flexible, cost-effective distributed audio systems using standard IP technology. The Barix Exstreamer 100 plays MP3 as well as G.711 & PCM audio files from PC or web server (http) as well as legacy digital and analog sources (using the Barix Instreamer) and streams from sources like Shoutcast, Icecast (Internet radio) or RTP servers (Barix Instreamer).
Both the Barix Instreamer and Exstreamer 100 are easily controlled over standard web browser (PC, palm, etc.), IR Remote Control or API (serial, TCP, UDP, cgi) * High quality audio encoder with line level inputs, has inputs for all sound sources for IP audio encoding from tuners to record, tape, MD and CD players, monitors and controls the directly attached equipment.
Installing the Barix Exstreamer 100 is fast and simple due to its unique features SonicIP and IPzator: On power up the device finds a correct IP address and announces it over the audio and headphone outputs!
Used in pairs, both the Barix Instreamer and Exstreamer 100 are needed for a complete solution. Please select both products when placing your order.
- Barix Exstreamer IP Audio Encoding, Residential, commercial and professional audio encoding / decoding
- Barix Instreaming and Barix Exstreaming technology is also utilized by leading system integrators for custom client solutions and radio stations
- Barix Instreamer contains left and right RCA audio input jacks, an RJ45 (10/100 Mbit Ethernet) connector, Dsub9 (serial port), IR out Jack and a 3.5mm headphone jack for easy monitoring of audio
- 10/100 Mbit/s ethernet connection
- Streams from PC, Web, Shoutcast, Icecast and RTP servers in MP3 format
- Separate firmware for WMA and MP3 streaming (http, UDP, RTP) with automatic failover and USB playback available.